Vietnam has now fully emerged as a destination and it has so much to offer that it’s a great choice for everyone. Whether you’re into history, beaches, fashion, cuisine or adventure you’ll find that Vietnam offers them all and more. Spend a week or spend four – your days will be filled from morning to night with spectacular colours, sights and sounds.
The natural way to ‘do’ Vietnam is from top to bottom / north to south (or vice versa). Along the way there are several interesting places to break your journey and explore the local culture. As you travel in either direction, you’ll notice a significant difference in the attitude of the people, perhaps a remnant of the Vietnam & Indochine wars.
Below are a few suggestions…
Things to do in & around Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
- Take a visit to the War Remnants Museum for an eye-opening look at the devastating effects of war
- Visit the Reunification Palace for a trip back in time
- See the Cu Chi tunnels used by the Viet Cong
- Test your nerves and cross a road (you’ll see!)
Things to do in & around Hanoi
- See Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum – The former leader is encased in a glass coffin (a la snow white)
- Take a walk around the Lake of the Restored Sword (Hoan Kiem Lake) and join in a Tai Chi session
Vietnam by water
- Take a cruise on the Mekong Delta and see traditional life on the waterways
- Enjoy a private charter on the beautiful Halong Bay with it’s picturesque limestone islets
- Trek in the hills around Sapa near the Chinese border and see the colourful locals (hill-tribe people)
- Cycle the length of Vietnam (it’s easier than you think)
Luxury hotels on beaches in Vietnam
- The Nai Ham on China Beach
- The Evason Ana Mandara on Nha Trang
- Take a tour of the de-militarised zone
- Explore the wonders of the Forbidden Palace in Hue
- Get some clothes made in the quaint French-influenced town of Hoi An
Vietnam is the perfect place for a group of friends, couples, single travellers and families alike and you can do it independently or on a tour. Note: From experience, you are best to book your tours before you go to ensure you get what you pay for. There are some unscrupulous operators looking to make a quick buck from foreigners. Call TTFN Travel on +61 8 6382 5000 to arrange your Vietnamese holiday today.